27th Annual Band Day
CALL TIME 10:15am
EXPECTED RETURN TIME ~12am
Each fall, dozens of high school bands come to UMass to learn from and perform with the Power and Class of New England.
Not only is this great fun for all participants, it offers high school musicians a glimpse of what it is like performing in front of a college audience.
Students on Band Day will have the opportunity to meet and work with new Minuteman Marching Band director Tim Anderson and Associate Director Thom Hannum, an internationally recognized leader in the field of marching percussion.
Beginning early in the afternoon, bands from all across New England, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania join the Minuteman Band in an intense rehearsal which will be performed four hours later before a crowd of 17,000 fans!
Tickets for parents, guests, and others for the football game can be purchased in advance through the UMass Athletic Ticket Office at (413) 545-0810. Or, the ticket office at the East Gate will be open for sales in the morning on game day.
Visiting bands will be seated in sections 8 and 9 on the Home field side, and sections 18 and 19 on the Visitors’ side. UMass Band Guides will be on hand to assist.
- This year’s Band Day is on October 8, 2011. The football game begins at 6:00 PM, and the time of arrival for high school bands is 12:30 PM.
- Students should bring their own bag dinner. Sodas will be available at the stadium concession stands.
- Students will wear their band shirt for most of the day. We will be using our busses to change into uniform for the performance. Please dress appropriately.
- In the event of rain we will perform as scheduled during half-time. A dry change of clothes for the ride home is recommended.
- The University of Massachusetts Minuteman Band will present a special performance immediately following the conclusion of the football game. All activities should be concluded around 11:00 PM.
- More information can be found at the Minuteman Marching Band website: http://www.umass.edu/band/bandday/index.html